Monday, February 29, 2016

A Smalls WiPocalypse?

 

 
Thank heavens for an extra day!  Here's my small, finished about ten minutes ago and of course, would really like to have had four buttons for it.......only three could be found!
 
2002 JCS Ornament Issue
Cabin Pinkeep
The Prairie Schooler

 

Though obviously my version is NOT a pinkeep and I made another change, dislike stitching with black so used a brown DMC, thought it was more log cabinish too.  A lovely peaceful, lots of straight lines design, loved it!
 
And onto the next SAL!
 

I picked up BBD's Friends with You which I have moaned about commented on before.  It's been a long time in the stitching, too long to be honest but fingers crossed and the creek don't rise, one more burst and I'll be dancing!  Here's where I was


and one of the complaints I have about the piece is that what you see in the photograph as regards thread colour is not what you get, and what I'm getting so far is a LOT of pink but.......


slowly, it's coming together and I'm liking it more, apologies for the fuzzy picture.  Another small complaint is the layout (at least for this one) in the book My Heart is True, is that symbols and supplies are on one page, six pages later comes the chart and then the colour picture is on the back of the book!  I had to resort to a well placed paper clip in desperation!

For information on both the Smalls SAL and the WIPocalypse SAL, click on the logos on the right of this post.  Whew, I did it!  Another winter storm is expected tomorrow so more indoor play for me!

Whoops, nearly forgot to answer the February question, which stitched piece displayed gets the most plaudits.......well, it used to be the Eileen Bennett Band Sampler that I finished a few years ago, but living in an A-frame house, straight walls are now in short supply, lol, so most of my stitching is on one of the guest room walls so not seen by too many.

17 comments:

  1. Love your work.
    My eyes and my hands have let me down. It is some years since I last completed a piece os stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't have many walls for framed art and I have so much framed art that I don't know where to put it.AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, since pink is my favorite color, I love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your small is great - Love the Red Bird and I think your change of color to Brown was a great move. Your post as always are so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely update from you Gillie! I really like the pinkeep that's not a pinkeep. Such a pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Prairie Schooler finish.
    BBD wip's is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching there Ms Gillie! That chicken with your small....it's such an interesting piece!
    I like friends with you piece too.....subtle colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rolling up those SALs in the extra day!
    Love the little log cabin. The BBD looks a little washed-out to me, might be the photos though. It is very pretty even so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little finish. And I love all the pinks in your BBD project :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty finish and lovely stitching on the BBD design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching, as always. And I love the pink -- it seems to be my favorite color these days ;-D.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your small turned out lovely. I think your changes look great. And, hopefully those buttons show up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been putting in a lot of little stitches lately, colours never seem the same when looked at on the screen, its very pretty though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely design and pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love seeing these :) - I have a couple of BBDs in my ready-to-stitch basket and I'll remember to check out the colours and your suggestions before I start. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely stitching! Now if only I could get motivated to finish my myriad half-done quilting projects.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely stitching! Now if only I could get motivated to finish my myriad half-done quilting projects.....

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!